Cauliflower is a great ingredient for vegans and vegetarians, as it's low in calories, high in fiber, and rich in vitamin C. It also contains antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and protect the body from disease.
Cauliflower is a vegetable that has been around for thousands of years. It's part of the cabbage family and has been cultivated since at least the 6th century BC.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, which means it contains antioxidants and compounds called glucosinolates that may have anti-cancer properties. It's also high in fiber and vitamin C, making it an especially good choice for people with digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Cauliflower is a great replacement for potatoes on your thanksgiving dinner table. These golden florets of crusted cauliflower are delicious when served with a salad garnish or passed around at parties. Serve with Saucy Thai Chili Peach Hot Sauce or Jalapeno Mayo for extra heat and spice.
1 Large Cauliflower
5 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Large eggs
½ tsp salt
½ tsp onion power
½ tsp ground black pepper
¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 Cup of milk
½ Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Saucy Jalapeno Tomatillo Sauce
1/8 tablespoon salt
- Separate the cauliflower into small florets, cutting away any excess stalk.
- Lightly dust the cauliflower with flour.
- Mix the Panko Breadcrumbs, onion powder, salt and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Coat the florets in a mixture of milk and eggs, then dredge in breadcrumbs to evenly coat each floret.
- In a skillet, add enough oil and heat it is a medium heat for 2 minutes and start frying the cauliflower until golden brown.
- Serve with Jalapeno Mayo
- Place the mayonnaise, salt and Saucy jalapeno tomatillo sauce in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Place it in a clean container and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the cauliflower wing more tender, you can Roast the cauliflower wing at 180 deg C for about 10 minutes.