Nothing beats fresh pesto sauce. So, ditch the pesto that comes in a jar, make it fresh, make it tasty and make it in the same day.
You can have a fresh pesto sauce all winter long with jalapeno spinach pesto. For only a couple of dollars you can buy a large bag of fresh spinach leaves and you’ll be able to make different batches of Jalapeno Spinach Pesto.
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
3 cloves garlic
¾ to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup pine nuts
1/3 to 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 ½ Tablespoon Saucy Jalapeno Tomatillo
Freshly ground pepper
- Blanched the spinach & garlic gloves into boiling water for 1 minutes
- Dry the spinach and garlic gloves
- Combine the spinach, garlic, pine nuts, Saucy Jalapeno Tomatillo, and enough extra virgin olive oil in a blender or food processor to make a smooth paste.
- Add the cheese. Stir to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into a bottle and keep it refrigerated for a week.
The Jalapeno Spinach Pesto can be stored in the fridge for a week or so in a tightly covered container.