Cocktails are mixed drinks usually served cold, often mixed with ice or blended with ice. Shrimp Cocktail is a delicious and healthy seafood appetizer recipe that is simple to make. Shrimp cocktail is a delicacy more popular in the United States of America than anywhere else. This can be attributed to the fact that this dish is widely served at formal parties, special occasions and at banquets.
The first reference to "shrimp cocktails" in the United States appeared in the New York Times in 1883. The recipe was simple: shrimps (the word prawns was not used until much later), salt, pepper, vinegar and water. The term "cocktail" was first applied to foods of this kind in the 1870s when it began to be used to mean any stimulating concoction, whether of drink or food.
If you're craving a delicious shrimp cocktail, this is one of the best shrimp cocktail recipes you'll find.
1lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, shells reserved
1 onio , diced
3 radishes, diced
1 avocado, cut into pieces
3 tbsp of Saucy Passion Fruit Hanabero hot sauce (you can add more depending on your heat requirement)
2 tsb lime juice
1 Lime, sliced
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 1/2 cup tomato juice
A quarter Cucumber, cut into pieces
1 tbsp celery salt
- Heat the saucepan and add a dash of olive oil and then fry the shrimp on high heat for about two minutes.
- Cut half of your fried shrimp into small pieces. Leave the other half of the shrimp.
- In a large bowl and put the onions, radish, avocado, fresh cilantro, and sliced shrimps.
- Add the tomato juice, the Saucy Passion Fruit Habanero hot sauce and the coriander. Mix well until it is a smooth and liquid mixture. Add some water if necessary.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of celery salt on a small plate. Rub a piece of lime around the top of the glass and then press in the salt.
- Put the mixture into cocktail glasses. To finish the cocktail, drizzle some lemon juice.