Chicken wings! Chicken wings! Chicken wings! There are a lot of ways to prepare chicken wings. They are not just tasty, but they are very easy to prepare.
If you love our passion fruit habanero recipe, then you’ll surely love this Korean passion fruit habanero recipe – sweet, sour, and spicy!
2 lbs. chicken wings
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup potato starch
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 tsp vegetable oil (for the sauce)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 chopped habanero
5 tablespoons rice syrup
2 tsp white vinegar
4 tablespoons Saucy Passion Fruit Habanero Sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Pat dry the chicken wings
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, salt, ground pepper, baking soda, all purpose flour, eggs, and potato starch. Mix well by hand.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F
- Carefully place the chicken wings in the hot oil
- Fry for 10 to 15 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove the chicken wings and drain on paper towels
- In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- Add garlic and heat for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, rice syrup and Saucy passion fruit habanero.
- Add the chopped habanero, stir well and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
- Fry the chicken wings one more time for about 8 to 12 minutes
- Add the chicken wings to the sauce and toss to coat
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Frying the chicken twice will make the chicken more crunchy.