Fried chicken is not just a food, it is a culture. With so many varieties, you can never go wrong. The easiest way of cooking chicken is frying and this recipe is one you will surely love.
1.5 lbs skinless chicken thighs
1 ¼ cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
1 Tablespoon Salt
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Saucy Jalapeno Tomatillo hot sauce
1 Cup flour
½ Cup Corn Starch
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Ground Pepper
1/8 Teaspoon MSG (Optional)
½ Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Saucy Jalapeno Tomatillo Sauce
1/8 tablespoon salt
- In a bowl add the buttermilk and the spices.
- Add the chicken thighs and mix them well until coated.
- Marinate them for about a day.
- When ready, bring the thighs to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix flour, corn starch, salt, pepper, and msg.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F
- Carefully place the chicken wings in the hot oil
- Fry for 8 to 12 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove the chicken wings and drain on paper towels
- Place the mayonnaise, salt and Saucy jalapeno tomatillo sauce in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Place it in a clean container and refrigerate until ready to use.