Potato Croquettes are a great way to use your leftover mashed potatoes from the Christmas dinner.
These potato croquettes are crunchy on the outside while on the inside, soft and pillowy. It is an easy to make recipe paired with jalapeño dipping sauce.
2 cups leftover Mashed Potatoes
1 large egg
1 tsp flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup chives
Oil for frying
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp paprika
- Mix mashed potatoes, egg yolk, flour, and chives
- Roll on the croquettes into small portions
- Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Dredge the croquette in the egg wash and then roll into the breadcrumbs. Repeat the steps to all the croquettes.
- Placed them in the fridge and cook them as needed
- In deep skillet, put enough vegetable oil. Fry the croquettes until they turn golden brown.
Jalapeno Dipping Sauce
- Put all together the pickled jalapeno, minced garlic, cilantro and Saucy Jalapeno Tomatillo hot sauce in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put in a bowl and add sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Whisk
- Serve when needed.