Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food. This is quick and easy to make. This recipe is creamy and with mild heat. A great stovetop mac and cheese you will surely love.
3 dry cups of pasta
9 ounces of cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tablespoons Saucy Jalapeño Tomatillo Hot Sauce
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
½ tsp black pepper
1 ½ cups whole milk
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons flour
- Cook the pasta (al dente) in salted water.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and reserve.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and add the flour.
- Gradually pour the whole milk.
- Stir well until combined.
- Add the Saucy Jalapeño Tomatillo Hot Sauce and garlic powder and stir well.
- Add the shredded cheese, parmesan cheese.
- Stir well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the cooked pasta
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well and serve immediately.
You can also try different types of cheese. You can combine mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.